Posts tagged Fashion
The hot summer sun can present a challenge when going on interviews. Here are some summer interview tips and tricks we would like to leave you with for your upcoming interviews.
- Arrive to an interview 15-20 minutes early to cool off.
- Try Boscia Fresh Blotting Linens. They absorb excess oil and banish shine without disturbing your makeup. These are great to have in your bag so you arrive looking fresh with makeup in tact.
- Wear appropriate attire for summer interviews.
You can look professional and still stay cool when interviewing in the summer months. Be sure to still dress appropriately for the employer.
- Bring along a comb, cologne and deodorant along with the breath mints and your resume.
- If you wear a suit, throw the jacket over your arm or shoulder. It’s hot out – employers understand and you look professional without overheating.
- Ladies, for additional fun summer wardrobe suggestions visit here.
Most importantly, be prepared and do not let the heat distract you from what you from an amazing interview!
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on July 16, 2012 at 9:55 am, and is filed under Interview. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
PCG is growing and we are looking to add a Fashion Recruiter to our team!
We place professionals in all areas of the Fashion industry across a broad spectrum of industries from contemporary retail brands to high end luxury designers.
- Develop client relationships with national and regional retailers, soliciting job orders for a wide range of retail professionals
- Work closely with hiring managers to assess opportunities, source and screen appropriate candidates and manage the interview process
- Recruit retail professionals for positions within the retail industry by direct sourcing calls, networking and Internet research
- Maintain strong client partnership through continued follow-up
- BA/BS or relevant work experience
- Prior fashion experience
- Proven track record of recruiting retail executives or, alternatively, a strong sales background
- The ideal candidate will have a retail background in merchandising, buying or store operations
- Proficient computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Self-motivated and self-confident
- Outstanding follow-up skills with attention to detail
- Highly effective communicator
This position offers a tremendous amount of growth potential for the right person. We also offer a fun work environment, the ability to contribute to a growing organization and strong financial rewards based upon performance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume in a word document to email@example.com. While Pyramid Consulting Group, LLC appreciates all applicants, only those qualified for this position will be contacted. All other resumes will be kept for future consideration.
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on July 11, 2012 at 8:28 am, and is filed under Job Of The Day. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on June 12, 2012 at 3:56 pm, and is filed under Job Of The Day. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on May 23, 2012 at 7:06 pm, and is filed under Job Of The Day. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on March 12, 2012 at 2:46 pm, and is filed under Events, Human Resource. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
Our client is a luxury fashion brand looking to add an Assistant Manager to their team. This position is located in Palo Alto, California.
- Retail management experience with luxury retailer
- Ensure that the customers receive the highest standards of a personalized customer experience
- Responsible for the efficient running of the store – front and back of house
- Provide iconic customer experience
- Maximize sales in order to ensure that the store maximizes its profitability
- Ensure the store team demonstrates excellent product knowledge
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Manager – California” in the subject for consideration. While we appreciate all candidates only those qualified will be contacted. Thank you for your application.
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on July 7, 2011 at 4:00 pm, and is filed under Job Of The Day, On The Job. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
Our client is a luxury fashion brand looking to add a Retail Real Estate Development Manager to their team. This person must have Airport experience.
- Identifies opportunities to obtain retail spaces in target locations
- Responsible for each retail concept to identify target markets and locations
- Works with presenting real estate brokers to obtain information needed to properly evaluate opportunities
- Conducts on-site investigations of locations
- Identifies retail opportunities in travel retail locations, primarily Airports
- Determines bid requirements
- Identifies indirect methods of increasing the possibility of success recommends course of participation
- Prepares responses to Requests for Proposals for travel retail locations
- Negotiates with representative to eliminate obstacles to lease
- 5-10 years of Retail Management/Development experience
- Knowledge in dealing with travel retail opportunities at Airports or other Transportation hubs
- Previous Real Estate experience with emphasis on site selection, construction and real estate contract law
- Understanding of Real Estate market trends and economic conditions
- Superior oral and written communication skill
- Advanced negotiation and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Retail Real Estate Development Manager” in the subject for consideration. While we appreciate all candidates only those qualified will be contacted. Thank you for your application.
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on June 14, 2011 at 1:50 pm, and is filed under Job Of The Day. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
Once in a while we will come across a new shop that we can’t stop thinking about. The vintage merchandise at the new brick and mortar shop, Vintage Patisserie, is of great quality and class.
The founder, Joy Saunders, was inspired by her grandmother to share these decadent vintage accessories with the world! While the website has been up for some time, the store just opened in Port Jefferson New York.
Get your old school accessory fix at this shop. The website is just a “taste” of what’s in store!
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on November 12, 2010 at 3:23 pm, and is filed under Sites For Seekers. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
When you start at a new job befriending co-workers can be intimidating. A majority of bonds have already been formed and you’re either sitting on the edge of newbie and “are you cool enough?” Let’s be honest, high school never ends.
Most of your energy should be spent proving yourself to your new boss but spending time on making friends isn’t against the rules. Just make sure to use your time wisely by befriending the following:
1. The Face
The receptionist is the first and last person you see. Chances are she is the eyes and ears of the company, relaying all that she sees and hears to your boss. Take a step in the right direction and befriend the receptionist.
2. Signed Sealed Delivered
The person who is in charge of messengers, mail, packages, and items that are time sensitive and important should be part of your fave five.
3. Early Bird Special
The seniors and authoritative figures in the company are great to bond with as mentors and windows into the company. Begin to form strong relationships with these people in the early stages of your career in hopes of creating a strong support system.
You won’t always be the new person and as my grandmother always said, “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
5. Learn From The Intern
Your interns are not slaves. (As some of us soon forget once there are two extra hands around.) Interns are there to learn, gain experience, and soak up all the knowledge you have to offer. Interns are usually younger with a better grasp on things like social media and any and all hot topics. Learn from your intern. Treat them well because you never know when you will cross paths again. It is a small world, after all.
It’s not easy starting a new job and it’s hard to find a tight support group in an unfamiliar work environment. Follow these steps to a smooth initiation. Good luck!
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on September 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm, and is filed under Office Observations. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
Welcome to Pyramid Consulting Group’s blog! We are proud to introduce ourselves, our services, and help you on your way to your next great job or perfect employee. Follow our posts and gain insight into what’s hot on the job front, what to wear to your next interview, how to “right” your resume, and so much more.
Our Divisions Include:
Fashion, Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Marketing and Communications, Temporary, and Administrative
What we do:
For the Job Seeker – Our recruiters work with you to find the right job that matches your qualifications. We do not charge you for our services. The various clients we work with range from Fortune 500 companies to luxury retail brands.
For the Job Provider – We work with our clients to fill open positions in their companies with the best candidate for the job. We screen candidates whose qualifications fit your job description and submit them to you for your review. Our large pool of candidates give us a lot to work within a short amount of time, saving you time and money.
Stay tuned for job updates, hot industry news, and all thats job, employee, interview, and attire related.
“Let’s not kid ourselves: Finding a job is no picnic. Whether you are a new grad or a seasoned pro primed for a change, it takes time and commitment to land the right opportunity. Even though you’ve worked hard to get where you are today, finding that dream job can be a nightmare. Pounding the pavement is the pits. Women often face unique obstacles in their job search—from a discomfort with self-promotion to an aversion to negotiating. But these are not brick walls…”
|Print article||This entry was posted by pyramid-admin on September 13, 2010 at 5:08 pm, and is filed under Reasons Recruiting Rules. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|